Astronomy, prehistoric life, Science Fair project ideas, Climate Change, and lots more scientific information can be found on the websites listed below.
- BBC Science & Nature: Animals, prehistoric life, human body and mind
- KS2 Bitesize Science - have fun and learn with practice and revision from the BBC Schools website
- Science Buddies - Science Fair Project ideas - browse the Project Ideas Directory, divided up into areas of Science and rated from easy to difficult
- Weather & Climate - link to our Hot Topic page for lots of information
- Climate Change Information - from the New Zealand government
- New Zealand Science Learning Hub - resources developed by educators for school years 5-10, linked to the science curriculum. Once you've chosen a context, click on 'Learn more' and use the 'Related Content' panel on the right
- NIWA Science - stuff for students about New Zealand's climate, weather, global warming, estuaries ... lots of great information here
- Inventors and Inventions - lists from Christchurch City Libraries
- HowStuffWorks - from car engines to search engines, from cell phones to stem cells, and thousands of subjects in between, HowStuffWorks has it covered
- The Why Files - the science behind the news
- Everyday Mysteries - Questions and answers about everyday phenomena that we often take for granted
- Dr Bob's Interesting Science Stuff - interactive site dedicated to the wonders of science and technology
- Reeko's Mad Scientist Lab - loads of science experiments
- Discovery Education Science Homework Help
- Extreme Science - the place online to find the biggest, baddest, and the best in the world of extremes.
SPACE AND OUR SOLAR SYSTEM
- ESA Kids - European Space Agency - info on our Solar System, Space and the Universe
- NASA - information about the solar system, space missions, space science and people
- Starchild from NASA especially for younger children
- BBC Space - explore the Universe and our Solar System on these pages from the BBC
- Amazing Space - lots of space facts, online activities, and homework help.