Borrowing from Waimakariri District Libraries
You can borrow up to 20 items for up to three weeks each on your membership card, with the option to renew for a further three weeks in most cases. The date each item is due can be found on the issue slip printout. If we have your email address, you will get an email reminder three days before items are due back. There is a rental fee for DVDs, music CDs, CD-Roms and new magazines. We also have a rental collection of bestsellers - if you want to read the latest bestseller without having to wait.
You can check your record, renew an item or place a hold online. You will need your library card number and PIN. If you haven't already selected a PIN for your card, phone or email the library and we can set one up for you. You can change your PIN at any time by going to My Account.
You cannot renew items by phone, but you can renew items in the library or online using your library card and PIN. To renew online:
- Go to My Account from any web page
- Select Review My Account
- Enter your library card number and PIN and select Display User Information.
- Once in your record, click on Checkouts. Select any items you wish to renew and click Renew Selected Items.
If someone has already taken out an item you want, you can reserve it, either online or in person. There is a reserve charge of $1.50 per item, paid on collection. There are no reserve charges on children's or teen books. When the item is available you will be notified by email, automatic telephone message or letter.
To reserve an item online:
- Find your title in the catalogue.
- Click on Request This Item.
- Enter your library card number and PIN at the top of the screen and click Login to the e-Library OPAC.
- Click Place Hold and select your pick-up location. You also have the option of suspending the pick-up date if you are going to be away. Click the Place Hold button to update your record.
You can return items to Rangiora, Oxford or Kaiapoi libraries. There are after hours return slots at each library as well as a book return box at Woodend (next to Scotty's Diner on the corner of Eders Road and Main North Road, Woodend).
Extended Loan Charge
If you keep items for longer than the loan period, you will be charged an extended loan charge. Bestsellers, DVDs and CD-Roms are charged at $1.00 per day, adult books are charged at $0.30 per day (maximum charge $12 per item), and children's books are charged at $0.10 per day (maximum charge $5 per item).
Accessing Your Record Online
- Click on My Account from any library web page or My Library Account from the catalogue.
- Put in your library card number and PIN and click on Login to the e-Library OPAC.
You can check how many items you have borrowed and when they are due back, renew an item or change when and where you want to pick up a hold.
Updating Your Details
While you are logged into your account, let us know if any of your contact details have changed - including any postal or Rural Delivery code changes - by clicking on Change of Address. Add your email address if we don't already have it, so we can let you know when you have items due back or your holds are ready to be picked up.
We may also be able to get that book you want from another library. There is a charge for this. Ask at the counter for details.
Library Purchase Suggestions
You can request that we buy a book, or any other item, for others to enjoy also, using our contact form. All suggestions welcome.